Alice and I did a whole bunch of stuff today...
We left bright and early and drove down to Seattle for my three-week check-up following my Lasik surgery. I had my eyes examined and... (drumroll, please)... I have 20/15 vision! I didn't know humans could achieve better than 20/20, but apparently it's possible. Very exciting news.
We then made a hasty drive back to our neck of the woods to have fun. Our first stop was at a store called Creativitea - it's one of those places where you can paint ready-made ceramics or you can fuse glass into various shapes. We chose to fuse glass. It sounds more impressive, afterall.
This weekend, Alice and I spent almost three hours decorating our Christmas tree. Lights, garland, and just over two hundred ornaments. Yes, two hundred. I used to work in a Christmas store. What can I say? The tree looked fantastic for about fifteen minutes. And then it fell to the floor, shattering thirty-three ornaments in the process. I was devastated and cried and cried. Long story short, Alice and I decided to make an ornament today to honor all the broken ones...
Ta da! It turned out great. It will be fused this week and we get to pick it up early next week.
We then strolled around in the historic downtown, ate lunch at a favorite restaurant, did a little shopping, and then went to Trader Joe's. It's December and that means one thing - Candy Cane Joe Joe's from Trader Joe's. Nothing says "Christmas" like Candy Cane Joe Joe's. I could eat an entire box by myself. Good thing I bought four. And don't even get me started on the Dark Chocolate Covered Peppermint Joe Joe's.
Last night, Dan got resourceful. He stood the tree up straight, and with a little string and a few screws in the wall, we now have an upright tree. Fingers crossed. Alice and I finished decorating today.
The Santas are on display and the stockings are hung. We're ready for Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment