Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Me And My Shadow...

...wherever she goes, I know that I go...
With Alice's part-time kindergarten schedule, the two of us have been pretty inseperable this year. If I'm not at work, I'm with Alice.
And that's a good thing. We've been having a lot of fun.
Today we took advantage of the blue sky day and went to one of our favorite parks. We took a stroll along the boardwalk, played on the beach, talked about the ships, played with our shadows, warmed up in our favorite coffee shop (with all the college kids who were studying for finals - I've never seen so many laptops/ipods/tattoos/piercings in my life!), and enjoyed the treat of just being together.
We took this photo for Uncle Jay as we need a confirmation... Is this ship being moved by a pilot? We think so... We watched that little boat on the side move the huge ship around 180 degrees. Amazing how quickly that big ship moved.

2 comments:

Leslie Parks said...

Isn't it fun to have a mini-me. I know that one year Lona and I did a ton of stuff and then I helped her make a scrapbook about our year together. It's one of her favorites now. I know that Alice will cherish this time with you and will probably be a little sad if this doesn't continue next year.

Jay said...

Sorry, bottom picture is a tug and barge. On the left is the barge (unmanned in an alongside tow), with the tug on the right. No pilot. Pilot is only required on foreign flag vessels or vsls over 1600 Gross Tons, which the tug and barge is neither.

But still a good picture of a tug & barge.

Kisses to Alice & Henry.