Thursday, December 31, 2009

What A Difference A Year Makes

I've been doing a lot of reflecting this past month. On where we are now in our lives compared to where we were just a year ago. New Year's Eve 2008, Dan had been in the hospital for several days, recovering from a rather complicated and risky surgery. It was his fifth surgery and hospital stay in just over a month.

Looking back on November and December 2008, I'm humbled by the strength we had to get through that period of time.


This year, we're preparing to go to a New Year's Eve party at a friend's house. We're pulling out our snowpants, hats, and gloves so we're ready to leave first thing tomorrow morning to go sledding with friends. Next week, we'll be back to normal schedule with work and school and basketball and skiing and playdates and Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts and... life.


My New Year's resolution for 2010? It will probably end up being about the same as I had for 2009. To count my blessings each and every day. Even though that's easier to do some days than others (just being honest!). At least I'm trying.

Happy New Year!

No comments: