One year in college, many years ago, it was a very dry December. No snow at all in Wyoming. Some friends and I attended a performance of The Nutcracker and upon departing from the theater, we were greeted with a blizzard which dumped two feet of snow before morning. We named it "The Nutcracker Miracle." Oddly enough, I've experienced something similar each year I've attended The Nutcracker.
Up until today, we've had no snow at all this season. I've been wishing for some to put us in the holiday spirit. And sure enough, it started snowing just as Alice and I were preparing to go to The Nutcracker.
Just a skiff when we left for the theater.
We met up with several of Alice's closest friends who happen to be the daughters of several of my closest friends. They were all a little wound up before the show.
And they got more wound up.
Who knew a theater lobby could be such fun?
Ready for the ballet to begin!
It was a lovely performance and we had a marvelous time. All arrived home safely on the snowy roads and we're curious to see if we'll get enough snow tonight to cancel school tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment