Yesterday was an accident prone day. In the afternoon, as I was untwisting the garden hose to get the kinks out, it untwisted quicker than I was prepared for and the metal nozzle of the garden hose smashed in to my face. I thought I had a loose tooth but ended up with just a fat lip. And a bruised ego. I think the neighbors got a good laugh.
A few hours later, a dinner plate broke when I picked it up and I sliced the inside of my index finger. Not a good place for a cut. Rather than dealing with the ER, I waited til this morning to see my doctor. The position of the cut wasn't ideal for stitches, and the cut wasn't terribly deep, so I ended up with steri strips - which are basically the modern-day fancy version of a butterfly. Apparently, doctors prefer using steri strips over stitches these days as it reduces the chance of infections and of scarring. So, that's what I got! That, and a lovely splint.
A few hours later, a dinner plate broke when I picked it up and I sliced the inside of my index finger. Not a good place for a cut. Rather than dealing with the ER, I waited til this morning to see my doctor. The position of the cut wasn't ideal for stitches, and the cut wasn't terribly deep, so I ended up with steri strips - which are basically the modern-day fancy version of a butterfly. Apparently, doctors prefer using steri strips over stitches these days as it reduces the chance of infections and of scarring. So, that's what I got! That, and a lovely splint.
Just how will I survive without using an index finger for 7 days and not getting my hand wet for at least 48 hrs? I guess I should apologize now... forgive me my typos, dirty house, unwashed dishes, body odor, and the list goes on. Mostly, I just feel embarrassed. But oddly enough, not embarrassed enough not to blog about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment